Monday, March 4, 2013

Creation Night on the Radio!


A few weeks ago,  I sent an email invitation to many people on my contact list for Creation Night.  Some people I didn't know very well.  One of them turned out to be an atheist.  She was offended that Creation Night was taking place "at an institution of learning".  She said that Intelligent Design was a "fantasy world".   She and her husband were so upset that they attended school board meetings to try to have it stopped. 

Interestingly, one of the members of the school board hosts a morning radio program (Doug Stirling, the guy on the right). 



The station is 1520 AM WCHE.  He invited both the atheist and I on (at separate times) to present our point of view. 



It was interesting that Mr. Mallon changed his argument from protesting my right to have it at the school to the slogan I used: "What your science teachers can't tell you.. comes out at night".  

He also compared me to a group of religious extremists that protest at the funerals of slain soldiers because they disagree with killing in war? I think? Pretty offensive but the radio hosts nailed him on that. (did I mention that the board member is also a pastor?  ; )

Also interesting was the memory verse from my Fighter Verses App for last week:

Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
    do not fret—it leads only to evil. 


This proved to be so true last week. My nature is to get angry at those who attack me.  But this is when my way is not committed to the Lord; it is when I want things to go my way.  When I trust in the Lord, he does my fighting for me. Truth prevails.










No comments:

Post a Comment